NGLHRC is pleased to announce that we have a creative photo competition that is going to run from Wednesday June 6th 2018 to Friday July 6th 2018. The photographs and captions submitted should be in line with this year’s IDAHOBIT theme, “Alliances For Solidarity ” and should capture how life is for LGBTIQ and Gender Non-Conforming persons in Kenya now and how it would be if the said articles of the Penal Code were repealed.
All images should be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org
Deadline: July 6th 2018
Bitch Media, an independent, nonprofit feminist media organization now in its 22nd year, is pleased to offer the Bitch Media Fellowships for Writers. This is a series of three-month intensive writing fellowships whose goal is to develop, support, and amplify emerging, diverse voices in feminist, activist, and pop-culture media.
Fellows will work in one of the four subject areas during the fellowship period: Sexual Politics, Pop-Culture Criticism, Technology, Global Feminism.
Deadline: 31st July
PEMA Kenya is a human-rights Community Based Organization that works to champion the inclusion of gender and sexual minorities (GSMs) by providing space for advocacy, networking, and capacity building for GSMs, as well as providing society in general with needed tools and information.
Currently, PEMA is looking to hire a Media and Monitoring Officer (M&E) and an ICT Assistant.
Deadline: 27th June
Rights Group Challenges Kenya's Anti-Gay Laws in Court, New York Times, February 22nd, 2018
Rights Group Challenges Kenya's Anti-Gay Laws in Court, Washington Post, February 22nd, 2018
- Press Statement: NGLHRC Seeks to Strike Down Discriminatory Laws, February 20th, 2018
- Report on The State of Trans Organizing by AJWS, October 31st 2017.
- Press Statement: Kenya Medical Association statement against forced anal examinations, September 23rd 2017.
- Press Statement: NGLHRC Condemns Gross Violations Against LGBTIQ Persons in Tanzania, April 26 2017
- What African Sex Workers Want, Feb 7 2017
- 9 Tips for Coming Out to Your African Family, Feb 1 2017
- Petition to end Forced Anal and HIV Testing in Kenya, Jan 2017